David A. Lossos, (September 18, 2002)
To return to the "Genealogy in St. Louis" Web Site click here.
According to Harry M. Hagen's This is Our SAINT LOUIS, in 1842 the Irish immigrants of St. Louis settled in what is called "Kerry Patch". Located in north St. Louis, this area was bounded by 20th on the west, 17th on the east, Mullanphy on the north, and Biddle on the south.
Below is a spliced image of portions of Plates 51 and 52 of Pictorial St. Louis The Great Metropolis of the Mississippi Valley - A Topographical Survey drawn in perspective A.D. 1875 by Compton and Dry. The colored outline shows the Kerry Patch area.